S.E Melbourne Scale Modelling Page Forum Index S.E Melbourne Scale Modelling Page
A Bulletin Board for Modellers of the South East : Copyright PMG 2007

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carro Armato M13/40 35th scale Tamiya

Post new topic   Reply to topic    S.E Melbourne Scale Modelling Page Forum Index -> Armor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwragg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Carro Armato M13/40 35th scale Tamiya Reply with quote

My apologies to armor builders, as I normally build aircraft, My father, who was with the Australian Ninth Division in North Africa, once described an attack by Axis tanks. The Tanks were not supported by infantry, and the Australians hid in a narrow slit trench. The tanks rolled over the Trench without injury to the occupants, then my father was able to run from behind one of the tanks, scale on to it and to his amazement, the latch was on the outside. He undid the hatch and threw a grenade into the tanks, thereby knocking the Tank out.He never bragged about this, and grieved the fact he had to take the lives of the tank crew by his action. Thinking about my father's description of the event, this tank would be a good candidate for the tank my father encountered, as it appears to have a handle on the outside of the hatch, and being captured by Australians, was certainly in the area. No rear protection, together with a low silhouette, would make it susceptible to the type of attack my father described, particularly without infantry support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    S.E Melbourne Scale Modelling Page Forum Index -> Armor Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: